- A Spanish student called Mario who is buck toothed, plays rugby and speaks horrible English.
- A sceptical American who hates George Bush ("That guy's an idiot!"), saying he became president only because he was voted by 'ignorant, religious bigots' whose minds were brainwashed by Fox News.
- A Filipino woman at the kebab shop who asked if I was American. When I told her I was from Sabah, she said she had lived in KK before (I started feeling homesick).
- A black American who sees me sketching at the Vatican Museum, walks up and says, "It's the gift of God you have son and you're doing a great job. Have a nice day".
- A friendly guard at the Vatican. I was walking into St Peter's basilica when he pointed at me at said, "Hey". I thought he wanted me to put my bag in the bagroom because maybe bags weren't allowed inside the building but he pointed at the Roma FC shirt I was wearing and said, "Support Lazio, NOT Roma!" I gave him a high five and walked off, while his friends laughed at me and said, "Australi" (they thought I was an Australian tourist).
- A rude American who slaps my shoulder while I'm surfing the net at one of the computers at the hostel, saying "Would you mind getting off!" There is a plague of Americans all over Rome, I can see and hear them everywhere from the Vatican to the Hostel at 12 midnight when they're drunk...
- Two German dudes at the hostel during my last days in Rome, named Dirk and Matthias. They had the most LAME jokes, eg.
"He went to the second hand shop"