1. The prevailing race should not fear meritocracy unless they suffer from inferiority complex. The current situation (quotas and all) is no different to apartheid in which our own leaders stood up against but have been imposing on their own people by calling it a different name.
2. When you have ordinary citizens coming up with better ideas than the government on how to run the country, then you have a problem.
3. In trying to justify their behaviour, the government has to come up with even more ridiculous excuses.
4. As a foreign investor, I will not do business in a country that arrests people without trial or reason because I could end up like one of them. Well, some people say that even 'democratic, westernised' countries like Uncle Sam do the same thing. Do not forget that those actions have been criticised and successfully challenged in Uncle Sam's courts of law without fear of repression.
5. There is little ethical value in trying to topple a government through defections. It makes you no different than those who are in power.